NEW! Four Rivers Heritage Area Produces Video Featuring SLRT
SRLT is honored to have our easement landowners featured in a Four Rivers Heritage Area video promoting land stewardship and easements. Watch the video:
Read about all the great things that SLRT accomplished in 2014:
SRLT Announces Goal to Protect 5,000 Acres by 2016
SRLT released its Campaign to 2016 on the summer solstice, the date with the most daylight hours and the perfect time to launch such a major undertaking. You can find our "Building on Success...Protecting Priority Open Space in Anne Arundel County for Wildlife and People" Campaign to 2016 here.
Past Events and Additional Information
- Our first in a series of 25th Anniversary-related events was a fundraiser on SRLT's behalf by past Board President, Dr. Cliff Andrew. On September 15th, Cliff returned safely from his 200-mile trek along the Appalachian Trail. Thank you Dr. Andrew for your continued passion for land preservation and to all who contribute to this campaign!
- The "Jan Hollmann Environmental Education Award" was established in 1994 by her family, friends and those who served with Jan in preserving the Severn River Watershed. The award provides perpetual recognition to an individual or organization who has been especially effective in achieving environmental education in Anne Arundel County. Congratulations to this year's recipient: Carlo Martini R. Echiverri, AP environmental science teacher at South River High School.
SRLT's 50th conservation easement, on the Patuxent River in Lothian.
Since 1988, the Scenic Rivers Land Trust (SRLT) has been protecting land in Anne Arundel County. We work with landowners to safeguard their land in the manner that best suits their needs and priorities. Our professional staff guides landowners in the creation of legal land preservation agreements that define how their property will be protected and can make them eligible for significant property tax savings, large charitable deductions and estate tax savings. SRLT currently manages conservation easements on 60 properties, totaling over 2,600 acres. SRLT also works with Anne Arundel County and other local government entities to provide on-the-ground support and research that informs the selection of priority lands for government purchase or protection. This work has resulted in the protection of thousands of additional acres.
The Scenic Rivers Land Trust works with landowners and other partners to preserve natural and scenic areas in Anne Arundel County. This work is accomplished though landowner education and holding and facilitating land protection agreements.
- To identify, monitor and protect priority natural areas in the watersheds of five rivers: Severn, South, West, Rhode and Patuxent.
- To educate landowners, community leaders, and public officials about voluntary techniques for protecting and preserving land
- To accept and manage conservation easements for the permanent protection of land
- To assist in the protective stewardship of our natural resources